Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of Secondary & Higher Education
Applications are invited from Indian nationals on plain paper in the format given below for the award of about 4 - 6 Israeli Government Scholarship tenable from October 2011 to study at an
or any Institution of higher education in Israeli University . These scholarships are for research/specialization for 8 months; these scholarships would be available for studies in the following subjects: Israel
(i) Comparative Study (With specific reference to Judaism)
Middle East Studies
(iii) Hebrew language and literature
(iv) History of the Jewish people
(vii) Business Management
(viii) Mass Communication
(ix) Environment Studies
2. Age: There is no upper age limit for applying for the scholarship.
3. Qualification: (i) For the research/specialization studies, a Masters degree with 60% or more marks as on 30-11-2011 for the subject of Agriculture; Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Environment Studies and Masters degree with 55% or more marks for the remaining subjects. (ii) Proof of English or Hebrew Language knowledge is must. (iii) The applicant should meet the academic requirements of the
that he/she applies to. Israeli University
4. Value of Scholarship: Terms and conditions of the scholarship will change every year according to the yearly budget of Israel Government for this purpose.
The scholarship could be partial, or in rare cases full.
Partial scholarship will include health insurance and tuition fees OR Monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only). Full scholarship will include tuition fees, a monthly allowance and health insurance.
Accommodation, transportation and travel arrangements to and from
are the applicant's responsibility. Israel
Scholarships will be granted only in universities and programs approved by the Israel Government.
Scholarships for Ulpan language studies will be granted in the Ulpan chosen by the Israel Government only.
5. Submission of application: Application should include following:
i) Dully filled application form as given in the format.
ii) Detailed letter describing the field the applicant intends to study in
, specifying the University he/she wishes to attend. Israel
iii) Curriculum Vitae
iv) Copies of letters exchanged with Israeli universities or the Israeli supervisor (It should be attached or produced during interview).
v) At least two (2) letters of recommendation from lecturers/professors who taught the candidates (It should be attached or produced during interview).
vi) Attested Photocopies of all degree/certificates including transcripts of the student's record .
6. Last Date for submission of application: Application on plain paper (as per format given below) along with the required photocopies of documents with a recent passport size photograph pasted on the application should reach the ‘Section Officer, Es.3 Section, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, A.1/W.3, Curzon Road Barracks, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110 001’ latest by 5.30 PM on 30-11-2010. Application received after
30-11-2010 will not be entertained. (Application can also be submitted online at the website www.sakshat.ac.in by 30-11-2010. In case of online application, hard copies should reach by 07-12-2010. In case of any queries candidates can also send their questions to the following email address- email@example.com
1. Candidates who are awaiting the results need not apply if the results have not been declared by
2. Equivalent foreign degree will be considered.
3. Candidates who have already been abroad for study/research/training for more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years after their return from abroad as on 25-11-2010. Applications of candidates, who are abroad, will not be considered.
4. Candidates should have adequate knowledge of geographical situation, culture and heritage of
and Israel . India
5. Application in subject-fields, other than those prescribed, will not be considered. Applications in which the subject has not been indicated shall be rejected. A candidate can apply only in one subject.
6. Employed candidates must send their applications through their employers with “ No Objection Certificate”. However, an advance application can be submitted with the understanding that the application through employer should reach before the date of interview. Otherwise candidates will not be allowed to appear for interview. Advance application must be complete in all respects.
7. Candidates must attach with the application a description in at least 500 words of his project/proposal of study/research to be undertaken in
8. In case no interview letter is received by a candidate, who applied in response to the advertisement by third week of December 2010, it may be presumed that he/she has not been short listed for interview. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
9. Applications, which are incomplete or unsigned, will not be considered.
10. Canvassing in any from will disqualify the candidature of the applicants.
11. While indicating the period of past experience and stay abroad, candidate should mention the specific dates.
12. As these scholarships are offered by foreign Govt., the applications should be submitted in English only.
13. Candidates who do not possess the essential qualifications need not apply.
14. THE DECISION OF SELECTION COMMITTEE SHALL BE FINAL. NO REPRESENTATION IN THIS REGARD WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
15. THE FINAL SELECTION OF THE NOMINATED CANDIDATES RESTS WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF
16. Mere fulfillment of minimum requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview. Interview letters are sent only to limited number of candidates after their applications are examined by the committee of experts.
17. The applicants who are in employment to which they wish to return should have an assurance that if their nomination is successful, they will be granted sufficient leave of absence.
For application format and online application visit http://www.education.nic.in